4/05/2011

Homemade protein bar recipe (vegan)

Lately I have been on a mission to find ways how to increase my protein intake. As a vegan it is not easy because of limited options. And especially, it is hard to consume protein during snack time. So, I decided to find a recipe for making my own protein bars. Usually those bars that you can buy at the store, as all packed food, has unbelievably high sugar intake and all kinds of ingredients that aren't too good for your health.

Hope you'll like them as much as I did.

Ingredients:
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
8 scoops rice protein powder (chocolate)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (I used homemade)
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
3 tbsp agave syrup (I used pine tree "honey")

Process:
Mix all ingredients together and set the dough on the wax paper. Shape them in bars. Wrap each bar in a plastic wrap and put all of them in a zip lock bag. Then put the bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to cool down.

This make about 11 bars, everything depends on what size you want.
Nutritional info: 168 calories, 7.4 g total fat, 11.5 g carbohydrate, 12.7 g protein.

I think, this is very easy recipe to make and they taste good. Not as good as already packed ones but as for natural and healthy protein bar, it tastes good.

Enjoy,
Heidi

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru