3/26/2011

Recipe of the week: Vegan banana bread.

So, I'm starting this new series of recipes.
I have been making so many foods and pictures of them, that finally, when I have time, I truly want to share with them.

This one I saw on VegSpinz blog. I looked into the recipe and realized that all of the ingredients I have on hand, so I made it. Oh my, it is SO delicious!!

So, here are the ingredients:
1 cup soy milk
1 cup water
2 cups pitted dates (I used 1.5 cups)
2 cups banana puree (about 2 large bananas, or 3 medium)
2 extra bananas for topping
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 cup canola oil
3 1/2 cups spelt or all purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts (I used almonds because I'm allergic to walnuts)

Process:
In a pot heat water, soy milk and dates until boiling. Turn off the heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree bananas, vanilla, vinegar, flax seeds and canola oil. Add the date mixture and puree until smooth. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt, making sure they're well mixed. Add the wet mixture to the dry, and mix until well combined. Mix in walnuts and raisins. Mixture is supposed to be thick and gooey.
Put the mixture into loaf pan, before spraying in with nonstick cooking spray. Slice extra bananas and press halfway into the mixture, leaving some on top of the loaf. Bake at 350F degrees for 45 - 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Hope you'll enjoy as much as I do!
Labu apetīti, as we, Latvians, say "Have a nice meal".
Heidi

1 komentārs:

  1. Love hearing that my recipes actually work for other people! Thanks for giving this one a try- and so glad you liked it! :)

    AtbildētDzēst