1/25/2011

Roasted red pepper hummus.

I must admit, this was my first time making hummus and it turned out very good. It's actually very funny how my taste buds have changed over the time. About a year ago I didn't even knew what hummus is and now I use it almost every single day. Yum! For those, who (the same as I didn't) know what hummus is, I can tell that it is a spread or a dip made out of chickpeas/garbanzo beans. I usually eat it with pita or corn chips or dip veggies, as carrots or cucumbers in it.


Ingredients:
1 can (15 oz) of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
2 small cut of jalapeno's pepper (optional)

Preparation:
Combine beans, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth consistency. Add roasted peppers, garlic and jalapeno pepper (optional) and blend until desired consistency. I added jalapeno pepper because I like more spicy foods, but it taste good without it too.

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru